Nick Belson Design Ltd.
Nick Belson Design Ltd. is a company established in 1996 as an Electronic Design Consultancy, primarily for the marine and aerospace industries. It has since developed to include electronics, design, development and manufacture and also acts as the UK distributor for an American company Alphi-Technology Corporation, from which it has designed-in many of their products.
Nick Belson Design Ltd is also the UK distributor for Measurement Specialties (which used to be called Intersema), a Swiss company specialising in pressure sensor products.
Some of the company's work includes:
- Onboard and free floating wave height sensors for racing yachts (Volvo Ocean Race (2001-2002, 2005-2006, 2008-2009 and 2011-2012), America's Cup and Ellen MacArthurs' Challenge Business)
- NMEA to Inmarsat C Routers
- NMEA to Ethernet Routers
- Yacht tracking and telemetry
- Explosive gas sensing system for racing power boats
- Control electronics for the British Aerospace Nimrod MRA4 Satellite Communications System
- Inmarsat 4 satellite ground station channel control modems
- Inmarsat 4 satellite test equipment and simulators
- Skynet 4 satellite test equipment and simulators
- Tsunami monitoring systems
Page Last Updated: Friday, 18 December, 2009Friday, November 16, 2012